Any Scout Sabbaths/Shabbats in the lower Westchester area?

I know of Scout Sunday events on February 4th, but I was hoping to be able to provide options for my Scouts of Jewish faith to participate in a Scout Sabbath/Shabbat on February 9-10, 2024. Please let me know if you hear of any, and bonus points if they’re in the Algonquin District area — thanks!

Hey Liz! I know there is a Temple in the Sleppy Hollow/Tarrytown area that holds a Scout Shabbat. Is that too far for you? If not, I’ll get the info and post it. Thx!

It’s better than offering no options, Jon, so if you can get/post the info, that would be great! (If you know/can find out if they’ll be giving 2024 Scout Shabbat patches as well, then I know whether or not to get them for any of my Scouts that attend.) Thanks, Jon!

Liz, have you looked at 613 White Plains? BSA troop 613 - white plains, new york

I might have a contact over there…anyone else here know anyone at 613?

Hey Liz, just an update, Temple Beth Abraham in Tarrytown is doing a Scout Shabbat in March but has yet to finalize the precise date. Once they do I’ll post the date and contact here. Should be in the next few days.

Hey Liz, sorry for the delay on this, a date wasn’t on the calendar yet. Temple Beth Abraham in Tarrytown will hold their Scout Shabbat on Friday, Mar 22nd. All are welcome. I can put you in touch with one of the leaders there if you need more information.

Thank you so much, Jon! I’ll pass along the info to my Scout(s) that might attend, and if I need to be connected to a temple leader, I’ll let you know!

1 Like